THE BRIEF: The latest edition of IN NOOSA MAGAZINE called for Winter warmer special that involved outdoor entertaining. What better way than a cast iron fire-pit on a semi-rural property than to authentically emulate our coastal lifestyle living here, on the Sunshine Coast. We wanted the colour palette of the natural environment to flow with the styling props that will be warmed by the blazing fire pit so we opted for earthy tones of rust, terracotta, olive greens and crisp whites. The lifestyle photography was relaxed with the art directing of the fashion models to be all natural’ – business as normal so to speak. The outcome really speaks for itself, a relaxed vibe by the fire watching the last of the suns hues on a wintry eve.
Mister Mistress Art directed, Styled & Photographed the editorial for IN NOOSA MAGAZINE | Click here for article on page 52-55 |
THE RESULT: Warmed the heart with a lifestyle photoshoot that appealed to all of the incredible mothers out there. The editorial inspired our own backyards with an earthy mix of eco-chic that embraces the cooler evenings ahead with a fire-pit, your loves and a hot cuppa.
Find out more about our services here
GET THE LOOK
Embrace the cooler evenings and cozy up with a backyard fire-pit, your loves and a hot cuppa.
- Turn up the heat with a cast iron firepit that will make those chilly winter nights memorable. An outdoor firepit is the perfect feature to any outdoor space. Not only will it add interest to your backyard and aesthetically they look great! Transform your outdoor setting into an entertainers delight – complete with a glass of red or a warm cuppa! I can’t think of a better way to spend those chilly winter evenings than by an open lit fire under an open star lit night.
- If your anything like me, & your ceramics are looking like their heydays have long passed – opt for earthy colours that compliment each other. Rust orange, terracotta & olive greens are trending colours. Always go for natural hues that compliment your existing ceramics, the earthy colours of the bush are ‘so hot right now.
- We opted for an eclectic mix of key furniture pieces – you cant go past the classic butterfly chair, especially enjoyed around a firepit. Chunky bench seats like the one featured, an old Indian door turned into a bench is the perfect accompaniment for long nights under an open fire, sharing tales and laughter.
- Childs play – A tepee is perfect for entertaining a child’s imagination and aesthetically adds a touch of boho chic. Perfect for bringing outdoors for child’s play while entertaining friends. When you’re done, bring it inside to the kid’s room to create a space that is a little wild and adventurous for young hearts.
- There are so many options out there for turning your outdoor setting into a space that suits a fire feature. If your space lends itself more to a sophisticated design, you can hire professionals to install a built in contemporary fire feature. If you don’t have the space for a permanent fixture opt for a cast iron firpit similar to the one featured. Albeit heavy, you can move it around as you please and let’s face it looks pretty damn fine – a perfect feature for any smaller backyard space.
Wanna Find Out More? Check Out Our Services HERE